Why Study Arts Award?
Art is taught to inspire, engage and challenge students. Art equips them with skills to create their own masterpieces. We offer a range of qualifications that support our pupils to grow as artists.
The Arts Award qualifications are designed to inspire pupils to grow their arts and leadership talents. Most of all, they aim to support and encourage pupils of all levels and abilities and from all backgrounds and cultures to engage and participate in the arts.
“Arts Award is a very therapeutic lesson, it allows you to be creative within fine art, media, film, music and much more. It is fun and enjoyable as it can be messy from making masks, painting canvases, to writing our own rap songs.”
Who teaches it?
Aimee Blunden teaches Arts Award.
How is it taught?
You will have two 70-minute lessons per week.
What do we learn?
To achieve a Silver Arts Award, you will collect evidence in an individual arts portfolio of your experiences of:
Arts practice and pathways
- Identifying and planning an arts challenge
- Implementing and reviewing the arts challenge
- Reviewing arts events
- Undertaking arts research
- Identifying a leadership role and planning the project’s aims
- Planning the practical issues
- Being an effective arts leader
- Working effectively with others
- Reviewing their project and leadership role
Where could it lead?
- Art Therapist
- Art Teacher
- Fashion Designer